måndag 14 mars 2011

I carry your heart

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart
I am never without it, anywhere I go, you go, my dear
And whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling
I fear no fate, for you are my fate, my sweet
I want no world, for beautiful you are my world, my true
And you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you.

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
here is the root of the root, and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart I carry it in my heart.

- Edward Estlin Cummings

Detta är den vackraste dikten jag känner till. Jag bär den alltid med mig, och den förta versen är det första som talar till mig när jag älskar något/någon. Vers nummer två funderar jag ofta på, den är knepig, men oerhört vacker, någon gång ska jag förstå dess innebörd. Tillsvidare...

1 kommentar:

Jenny sa...

Den här dikten är otroligt vacker. Inte bara för att Cummings svänger orden på ett så mirakulöst vackert sätt, utan för att dikten liksom sjunger sig fram. Melodin berör mig mer än orden, faktiskt.